Sunday, June 14, 2009

Guinness Cake and Cupcakes



I made this cake for my friend Eamae's birthday near the end of May (yeah, I know, slow with the postings, I'm working on it). I wanted to make a cake with Guinness in it because one of my good memories of Eamae was when we met up in Boston over winter break and stopped by a bar in Central Square for a drink: he had a Guinness, but I can't remember what my own drink was. I tried a sip of his, and, for once, didn't make a face of distaste (FYI - I like beer, I just don't like drinking it). And I love the elegant colors, which translate over to cake and frosting very well. If I make this again, I would like to try serving it in some pint glasses - fool anyone? Since there was a lot of batter left over, I made a batch of cupcakes to bring to work. Recipe from Nigella Lawson.


No comments: