Saturday, June 20, 2009

Mmm... steak.

I was in Maryland the past couple of days with D visiting his family. I offered to make dinner on Thursday evening; it's always such a pleasure to cook for everyone, and this is what we ate:

Dry-rubbed rib-eye steaks *drools* 
(recipe from Well Fed blog)
D handled the actual grilling part and some picture taking.

This is the mixture of spices for the rub: ancho chili powder, ground cumin, dried coriander, cayenne pepper, dry mustard, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. I also added a shake of garlic powder, just as an extra boost.
(This photo also by D)

Rice with yellow bell peppers and green onions (recipe from Masa Assassin). I used jasmine rice instead of long grain rice, which worked just as well.


My plate: steak, avocado, fresh salsa, rice, grilled corn and grilled peppers.



No comments: